Friday, June 22, 2012

Learning from my trial in freelance graphics.

I told my Dad I was interested in doing freelance graphics so I could save for a tablet and get an upgrade in Adobe.  Being the Father he is, he got me two jobs.  One with a coworker and one with a old friend of his.  This is where I made my mistake.  I only did a contract for the coworker.  I worked hard for both of them.  Halfway through when negotiating with coworker, I found out he expected me to do about a weeks worth of work for about a day worth of pay at my current job.  This included a Logo and an animated logo.  Needless to say negotiations fell through and there was no hard feelings when parting ways.  Now when working with my father's old friend is where I started to learn my lesson.  NO MATTER WHO IT IS ALWAYS CREATE A PAPER CONTRACT.   I messed up this is my fault.  We worked out a deal and I did the work and let him get a hold of the work before hand.  The money has never made it to my wallet.  I learned from my mistakes, but it has prevented a lot of things I was hoping to happen.  Creating a small company for my freelance, and hopefully having more freelance to show off.  Since there is no paper trial, this work can only be considered as a freebeie.  Sucks in a sense.  Learn from you mistakes and just keep on tanking through.  So I hope this helps those that read.

Also enjoy the process of the freebie logo.




This was all done with Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment