Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Count, Counting.

So recently a t shirt company had a contest to design a Sesame Street themed shirt.  I took this opportunity to use this a test for multiple things.  Find an idea, Use captivate for the first time and have my design actually accepted.  I succeeded on two of those.  I got the idea from a friend, while we were working a long weekend. I promised we would split the pot 50/50 if any money came from it.  I used Adobe Captivate for the first time and only messed up a little.   My design though was not accepted, it was considered adult themed for the contest.  I had a fun time with this design because it was just a good idea.  I also love using my wacom cintiq 12wx, which I highly recommend to anybody who likes the feel of really drawing.  It has a built in screen and once you get it set up it is very accurate.  I used Adobe Illustrator for this project.  I mostly use illustrator for the Blob Brush Tool.  It create as an outline stroke object, which allows for more control over the design.  So here are the results and feel free to ask questions. I also posted a speed up video to give you a good idea how illustrator works. I attached pictures of what I submitted so enjoy and I hope you get a good laugh.







>

No comments:

Post a Comment